- 2-part, liquid ready-to-use kit
- 2 levels of calibrator included in the kit
- Minimal interference from Bilirubin, Haemoglobin, Intralipid® and Triglycerides- ensuring accurate and precise results are produced every time
- Excellent measuring range- 1.74-47.9 µmol/l. The normal range for Homocysteine is approximately 5-20 µmol/l, therefore the Randox assay will more than comfortably detect abnormal levels related to all Homocysteine associated disease states
- 28 day on-board stability-minimising reagent waste
- Applications with instrument specific settings available- for an extensive range of clinical chemistry analysers facilitating the convenient use of Randox Homocysteine
||R1 2 x 21.7ml, R2 2 x 4.6ml
Why test Homocysteine?
Homocysteine is an amino acid which should be converted into useful substances by vitamins B6, B12 and folic acid. If the body is suffering from a lack of these nutrients, the process of homocysteine conversion is affected; therefore levels within the body rise. Elevated levels of homocysteine can be associated with various disease states including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, dementia, osteoporosis and complications during pregnancy, making homocysteine an essential addition to a laboratory’s testing panel.